Monday 9 March 2015

Test Shots for Project

I have recently been looking at relationships for my exam piece and chose to explore Vintage and Modern. So, as part of my experiment with this project I decided to photographer street art- people mainly walking in different clothing in different parts of manchester. Also different classes of people walking through a higher status of the city.
In this bottom image I photographed a group of people walking past a homeless man. Suggesting the way they're looking at him they're judging him and I think this just shows how ironic society is; we believe helping each other yet still judge each other by our standard of living. Another reason why this image is ironic is because even though they're judging him, they should be judging themselves for walking around a public area during the day walking around with alcohol.
I like this image because it exactly justifies how people view others and how everyone judges others without helping.
I chose to edit my photos into black and white because it gives off a more profound message about society. I felt like colours in this image didn't work because of the atmosphere of this image- which is quite saddening and makes you think.
The rules of third used in this image is making us look at the man stood in front of the group (on the left line) which implies how he's trying to ignore the problem unlike the group at the back all looking. I suppose in this position it seems like the group are acknowledging the problem rather than the man just not even looking at him. This gesture connotes that he doesn't even have the audacity or respect to even notice a man on the floor. Also 2/3 of the floor is shown. I think I could improve this by either cropping the image or getting even closer towards the topic of the photo.
However, I quite like the image with the shadows because it's as if where the homeless man is, is the dark side and where the public are is like the bright side- it's as if were keeping away from some sort of evil.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment